Playing sports in the hot summer months can be tough on your team. From practice to games, working up a sweat can take a lot out of your players. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to cool down once team events wind down. Let’s look at a few ideas!
- Are you playing in or near a park that has water features or a pool? Take your team over so they can run through the fountains or go swimming.
- Pack refreshing snacks to pass out after gameplay. Some ideas include popsicles, smoothies, individual ice cream cups, snow cones, chilled fresh cut fruit and more.
- Bring a cooler full of ice water and bandanas. The cold bandanas can be thrown around your players’ necks for an instant cool down.
- Make sure there’s plenty of pure, cold water available to your players, both during and after practice and games. You may also offer Gatorade and other sports drinks, but water is a must.
- While it won’t cool down your players, be sure that there’s sunscreen available for their use during outdoor activities.
Keeping your players cool and refreshed is just one way to protect the team. When it comes to protecting team finances, you should consider the benefits of sports insurance. Your agent can help you find the right policy to meet the needs of your team.
Learn more about protecting your team. Call Bene-Marc, Inc. at (800) 247-1734 for more information on sports insurance.