If you manage a sports league, you have a duty to keep your players and the fields you play at safe and sound. It’s a big job that goes well beyond requiring the use of helmets. You’ll need to develop a game plan to ensure the protection of players, coaches, employees and volunteers throughout the season. Luckily, your independent insurance agent can discuss the benefits of sports league insurance so you can ensure the financial protection of your team, on top of the physical safety measures that you already employ.
How does sport league insurance protect the team’s interests? Your agent can answer your specific questions, but here are some of the most common coverage options for your consideration.
- Property/equipment: Protects buildings, equipment and other physical assets against covered damage and loss.
- General liability: If your league is held responsible for any injuries suffered by fans or volunteers, general liability coverage can fund the associated costs (including medical and legal). In fact, many field owners will required leagues to carry this coverage before they’re allowed to use the property.
- Crime: Covers any incidents of employee or volunteer theft, fraud or embezzlement of team property and funds.
- Directors and officers: Provides funds to cover claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, rulebook disputes and other transgressions.
- Accident medical: Covers the medical expenses resulting from an injury to players and coaches during sanctioned practice or play.
- Commercial auto: Whether the team owns a vehicle, uses those of employees or rents vehicles to travel to games, you’ll need commercial auto insurance for protection. Often, the minimum legal requirements are not enough, so consult your agent for recommendations.
Not every day can be a delightfully sunny day at the park. Get the coverage you need for those days when something unexpected—and possibly financially crippling—may occur.
We’ve got you covered. Call Bene-Marc, Inc. at (800) 247-1734 for more information on sports league insurance.