Est. 1973

Call Us CALL US TODAY | 800-247-1734

Mum takings to sportsSports leagues frequently travel to compete. A team bus or van might provide a great way to transport the team to away matches.

Traveling with your team involves plenty of risks. Vehicle accidents and other hazards might cause injuries or damage vehicles. Harm to the team or asset damage might result in costly losses to the league. The right commercial auto insurance can help teams cope with such losses.

Consider Your Vehicles When Getting Coverage

If you manage a traveling league, you’re likely going to use a variety of vehicles. You need to carry the correct forms of insurance for each vehicle based on its relation to you.

  • Owned vehicles are those titled to the league. These vehicles need full, comprehensive insurance. State minimums may not be enough, though you still need them. Increase your coverage so that it adequately reflects your vehicle’s value.
  • Non-owned vehicles are not owned by the league. For example, league employees might use their own vehicles on official business. League owners usually need to provide liability auto insurance for these employees. It can protect the league’s interest in the vehicle. Still, the employee must maintain his or her personal auto insurance at the same time. The two often work in conjunction with one another. Make sure the combination of these two policies cover league employees and players.
  • Hired/Rented Vehicles: Some forms of travel may mean you have to rent a van, truck or bus. You likely need liability protection in this vehicle.

Available Coverage Options

Depending on the vehicle you use, your insurance should contain various coverage. For example, rented vehicles may only need liability coverage. However, owned vehicles might need much more comprehensive coverage.

Consider investing in:

  • Collision Coverage: Can help repair or replace a vehicle that sustains damage in a wreck.
  • Comprehensive Coverage: Theft, fire, weather and other dangers might damage team vehicles. This coverage can help replace those vehicles.
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Coverage: A team vehicle might have an accident for which another driver is liable. If that driver’s insurance cannot cover the league’s cost needs, this protection might be able to step in.
  • Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Vehicle occupants might sustain injuries in an accident. This coverage can help cover many of their medical or rehabilitative needs.
  • Extra Liability Insurance: In an accident, the league might be responsible for damage it causes to another person. In such a situation, the harmed parties can make a claim on the league’s auto insurance to cover their own damage bills. Make sure you have enough liability protection to afford such costs.

When insuring your league’s vehicles, talk to your insurer. They can help you get a policy that effectively covers the league. Remember, how you own or use your vehicles might impact the types of coverage you need.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015

View Mobile Version
© Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.