Plenty of people enjoy playing sports, but it can get tiresome under the hot summer sun. You know it’s important to keep your players fueled and healthy, so we’ve compiled a list of some simple, refreshing summer snacks that can help recharge players during practice and games.
- Pinwheels: Wrap up deli meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and mustard into tortillas. Then cut it into slices and serve. Pinwheels are easy to eat. The chilled ingredients are both refreshing and filling.
- Popsicles: Fruit popsicles are easy to buy or make. Of course, when you make them, you can ensure that only fruit is used (as opposed to syrups and other flavor sources). This provides the most nutritious form of this frozen treat.
- Fruit and dip: Fresh cut fruit with dip is another great source of nutrition. It also offers numerous choices to appeal to the preferences of your players.
- Skewers: Creating skewers is a great option for portable food. Try caprese skewers with tomatoes and mozzarella, or Greek skewers with feta, peppers and olives. The options are endless.
- Smoothies: With many flavor options, smoothies are a great sweet treat for tired players. They can run the gamut from healthy (with fruits and even veggies) to indulgent (with chocolate). And they’re easy to make before the game.
Keeping your players’ stomachs satisfied is just one way to protect the interests of your team. Want more protection? Ask your agent about sports insurance today.
We’ve got you covered. Call Bene-Marc, Inc. at (800) 247-1734 for more information on sports insurance.