Whether you are in charge of running a large organization or just a small group of players, your amateur youth soccer group needs the proper type of sports insurance in place. Today, there are many risks that groups like this have to take into consideration in order to keep them operational. The costs from a single lawsuit can lead to a sizable fee and, even in worst situations, it can lead to the closing down of such groups. But, what insurance do you need and where can you obtain affordable coverage?
Is Group Liability Insurance Best?
One type of sports insurance product to consider is group liability insurance. It provides for many of the types of risks that you may face in a youth soccer group. Keep in mind that losses do happen in these organizations even when they are well managed organizations operating on safe playing fields. For example, there may be property damage. You may face claims of bodily injury or personal injuries. When you have group liability insurance for your soccer organization, you reduce these risks significantly and protect your organization in the long term.
This type of coverage may differ from one provider to the next. However, it covers most of the risks you are likely to experience during the normal course of play. This may include:
- Bodily injury claims related to the operation, products, premises, or advertising associated with the organization.
- Personal injury claims related to the same risks.
- Medical payments cover may be provided to participants. This can help to ensure those participating can obtain medical care in the event that they need to.
- Legal liability may also be an additional type of cover available.
- You may also provide professional liability cover as a component of this policy.
Within your organization, you may need to make decisions about how that cover can be paid for. In some cases, it is a component of the fees your team players pay to play the game. In other cases, the organization may cover it. Today, it is very important for complete and comprehensive sports insurance to be in place before your team takes the field. Otherwise, every person involved could be facing risks.
Have peace of mind. Call Bene-Marc, Inc. at (800) 247-1734 for more information on sports insurance.