Hydrating is a key part of playing sports. Your body needs proper hydration to continue functioning properly. Drinking plenty of water during the hot summer months is easy since people feel thirstier in the heat, but what about when fall settles in?
As the weather cools, it’s more important than ever to keep your team hydrated during all practice sessions and games. A good rule of thumb is that if you feel thirsty, you’re already dehydrated; so it’s crucial to push your players to drink a lot. Here are some tips to promote healthy hydration.
- Water is healthier to drink than sugary sports drinks. But you can make water tastier by squeezing in fresh fruit juices.
- Schedule in mandatory water breaks throughout practice and gameplay.
- Offer popsicles made with fresh fruit juices (the lower the sugar content, the better) before and after playing. These yummy treats have a high water content.
- Teach your team about the importance of hydration, and nutrition as a whole.
- If you enjoy offering sugary sports drinks to your team, make it a rule that each player has to drink a full cup or bottle of water before indulging in the sugary drink.
When your team is properly hydrated and in good physical condition, they can play better and have more fun while at it. Want more ways to protect your team and help your players prosper? Ask your independent insurance agent about the benefits of sports insurance.
We’ve got you covered. Call Bene-Marc, Inc. at (800) 247-1734 for more information on sports insurance.